Published Articles for The Cougar Chronicle
Like Mekala Lehmunn

Description:

Published: March 22, 2019 0 0 242
By: Mekala Lehmunn, Cal State San Marcos
Hashtags: #CSUSMartsandlectureseries #CSUSMTheater #CSUSMwomenbreakingboundaries #Editing #IngridTrovao #JeanPaulSartre #Journalism #Lisaling #Reporting #Writing

These are the various articles I composed as a staff writer and later the Arts & Entertainment Editor for California State University San Marcos' independent, student-run newspaper, The Cougar Chronicle. I began working for the paper in February, 2019 as a staff writer and wrote articles for the Opinion, Arts and Entertainment (A&E) and News sections.

In March 2019 I helped the assistant A&E editors review and modify submitted A&E articles at my editor's request. She and two others were busy serving as Editors-in Chief in the graduating editor's stead so she promoted one of the assistant A&E editors to editor and me to Assistant A&E Editor.

I was promoted to Arts & Entertainment Editor in August 2019 and served as the editor for Edition 1. In late September I stopped working at the paper because of health concerns.

In addition to these writing and editing duties, I also reviewed each draft of our biweekly paper for grammar and content errors alongside my fellow journalists. We emailed our suggested edits to the appropriate editor and proofread our own articles again.

As the A&E Editor I brainstormed content for the A&E section of Edition 1, Fall 2019; offered assignments to my staff; edited their articles; and covered two events myself. I also submitted a piece for "The Cougar Corner" to encourage other students to send in poetry, artwork or other creative products for us to showcase in the paper.

Tagged Teammates:

• Annelisa Zamora
  • Antonio Pequeño IV
  • Chase Spear
  • Citlally Arroyo Mendoza
  • Kayla Bailey
  • Layda Galvan
  • Sasha Anand