PEG POPPER
Like Joshua Boone

PEG POPPER

PEG POPPER

Description:

Published: September 14, 2014 2 0 1.2K
By: Joshua Boone, Cal State San Marcos

A mini Peggle-like game. Includes multiple stages, power-ups and a robust user interface.

2nd place winner of the 2014 MiraCosta Programming Competition. This is a program that I created for the 2014 MiraCosta programming competition. It was completed in Java. The objective of the game is to clear all the red pegs from the screen by hitting them with game balls fired from the top of the screen (Not unlike the popular game Peggle). It features a robust user interface, several power-ups that effect game play, and multiple stages including a randomly generated stage.

For this program I wanted to push my boundaries and explore mechanics I hadn't tried before. The most challenging aspect of this project was the physics involved. The game ball needed to move and ricochet around the screen correctly. I needed to use a lot of physics, calculus, and linear algebra to achieve the movements I was looking for.

This program was conceived and created in two weeks for the MiraCosta programming competition. I received 2nd place for it.

The source code for this project can be found on my GitHub.

Likers

Sara Kramer Alexander Gross